11/27/2002

OK, I have to speak on this.

Nicolas Cage and Lisa Marie Presley are getting divorced. My question is who really cares? Seriously, can we be bothered with this needless information? I have no stock in celebrity marriages, and it baffles me not only why some double digit IQ individuals find it news, but why the associated press themselves find it newsworthy.

Do I care about Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck? No! Lopez is a hack at acting and a joke at singing, and Affleck is a fair actor at best. OK, so he was funny in the Kevin Smith movies, but that's because Kevin Smith wrote his dialogue.

To get off topic here, who is looking forward to the upcoming Daredevil movie? It's no secret that X-Men was a fanboy's wet dream come true, and Spider-Man kicked ass by the truckload. Chances are The Hulk is gonna be another hot commodity for all them thar pimply nerd types, but the man without fear looks to be at a crossroads of sorts. Should be interesting to see.

Getting back to the topic, why do we care about celebrity marriages/divorces? Are we so bloody bored with our own lives that we feel the need to live vicariously through overblown, overexposed, overrated film stars and their short-lived unions? God, I hate Hollywood more and more every day.

Well, seeing as how Lopez and Affleck seem to be the next flavor of the month, I want to get a pool started on how long their so-called union is gonna last. $5 per person. I say five months tops, and I already have another vote for six months. Drop me a line with your numbers.

Goodnight, and have a pleasant tomorrow.

No comments: