5/19/2004

I was on my way to work this morning, driving down Route 34 (this is the part where everyone from Derby, Orange, and West Haven reading this right now starts hoopin' and hollerin'), when I noticed a black Chevy Avalanche in the lane next to me.

Even with my CD player on, I could hear the ever-familiar riff of "Back In Black" by AC/DC being blasted out of the flawlessly clean 4X4. Why, you ask? Probably because all four windows were rolled down.

Now, I thought this to be one of my gym-going buddies, whom I know to not only own a black Chevy Avalanche, but also to be an enormous AC/DC fan. So I edged closer and rolled down the window to yell hello in the event that it was Hammerin' Hank.

But alas, it was not.

It was someone else who owned a black Chevy Avalanche and loved AC/DC.

As the light turned green, the Avalanche sped off mid-chorus, further on down Route 34 (alright, you Derby/Orange/West Haven types need to simmer down, I can't concentrate on my writing here!).

Then it occurred to me...

Despite the fact that the song is nearly 25 years old and still going strong, there is just something infinitely cool about a guy in a black 4X4 blasting "Back In Black," and there always will be.

Why is that?

I wish Robert Stack were still alive... this one is just achin' for a spot on Unsolved Mysteries.

Goodnight, and have a pleasant tomorrow.

No comments: